Current Vacancies in School
Parent Governor Vacancy - Closing date Friday 4 April 2022
We are currently looking for a new parent governor to join our friendly governing body.
Our governors come from a range of different backgrounds, skills and experience but all share a common interest of wanting the best possible education for the children in our school.
We would be delighted to hear from anyone who: -
· Is interested in children’s education and the performance of the school
· Is community spirited and would like to represent the community
· Has spare time and the energy for the role
· Is able to work well as part of a team
· Has an enquiring mind and the confidence to ask questions and debate issues that affect the school
· Can consider matters objectively and make informed judgements
What is the role of the governing body?
· Helping to set and review the schools’ strategic direction and agreeing targets for improvement
· Holding the head teacher and school leaders to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils
· Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure public money is well spent
What does the role offer?
· A chance to develop your own personal skills
· Access to a programme of free training in respect of education/governance matters
· A sense of achievement in helping make a difference to children reaching their potential
· The support and guidance from fellow governors
In looking to fill these vacancies we are particularly interested in applications from people with business, legal or finance experience and also people who can occasionally visit the school during the day, although please do not be put off if you do not have these skills. What is more important is enthusiasm, interest and the willingness to learn. If you are interested, then please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to discuss any aspects of the role before submitting an application, please leave your contact details with the school office. Governors are essential for the effectiveness and success of the school and it is an extremely rewarding and fulfilling role.